Magic Trackpad

Discussion in 'Mac Accessories' started by Boldman, Aug 29, 2011.

1. Boldman macrumors newbie

I recently bought my first iMac and I am using the Magic Trackpad with it. I tried using it with the tap feature but found it too sensitive. I am using it with the click feature but I am finding that this requires a lot more pressure than say a mouse. Is there any way of reducing the amount of pressure for the click feature?

2. Tomorrow macrumors 604

Tomorrow

I've found that clicking near the "foot" (near side) of the pad takes less pressure than clicking on the far, or raised side. If that helps.

I use the tap to click, and don't have any problems.

3. CylonGlitch macrumors 68030

CylonGlitch

I use tap click as well; mostly because I use it on the couch which is soft and thus I can't get enough force to click it. :(

BUT the only problem I do have, is in Lion. Tap Click is a user parameter, thus you cannot use it to log in. Not a big problem, but annoying none the less.

4. Snowguy macrumors member

I finally got the trackpad in the mail today and I love it. I do share the concerns with the click... but I have big hands, so just the weight of my hand is enough to click until the sun comes up.

I think the best feature is definitely the size. It's nice not to have to reset your hand on the device just to move the mouse from one side of the screen to the other. It makes for much easier use.

I will keep my mouse for gaming though... I'm no acrobat.

5. WildGuess macrumors regular

On a larger external monitor two finger zooming is a gas.