Magic Wand or Clique?!?

Discussion in 'Mac Accessories' started by afrocleland, Nov 10, 2013.

1. afrocleland macrumors member

I'm looking to unify my trackpad and keyboard into a couch friendly weapon. Has anyone got a particular opinion of either of these? I can get them both for more of less the same price!

2. John Kotches macrumors 6502

In my experience the Clique was a huge disappointment.

It was I'll fitting and the trackpad would develop issues with clicking of any variety after a while.

The magic wand is better but not without flaws. The piece that acts as a bridge between the keyboard and mouse can be very difficult to insert and/or remove.

I switched over to Logitech keyboards / mice so I don't use either any more.

3. hfg macrumors 68040

hfg

I have a couple of each in use here. They both work nicely, but I prefer the Clique for physical stability, ease of battery replacement, and the ability to press the keyboard power switch without disassembly. Note: I prefer to "tap" the trackpad rather than physically clicking it ... if that makes a difference.

4. afrocleland thread starter macrumors member

I ended up getting a clique... It's coming from Amazon... In the end, it won with the ability to switch off keyboard and the fact there was a returned one at Amazon Warehouse for 20% off... Why not! Worst case scenario, I return it and get a magic wand!