magicwand vs clique vs others

Discussion in 'Mac Accessories' started by nick0, Mar 2, 2014.

1. nick0 macrumors newbie

Hi,

I am looking to buy a bracket to connect my apple wireless keyboard and trackpad together for a media PC. I will be using them on my lap mostly so I need something sturdy. I have heard that the Magicwand might not be the best option for the lap because the components can still move a lot and the trackpad won't click?

For those who own these products or any others, what do you recommend?

Magicwand is obviously a lot cheaper but I want something thats going to do the job

2. John Kotches macrumors 6502

I had more problems with the clique doing what you mentioned than the magic wand.

The clique was ill fitting and I had significant issues with the trackpad being hard to click.

The big knocks on the magic wand were that the filler piece between the keyboard and mouse was difficult to insert and the whole thing had to be disassembled to replace the batteries for wither the keyboard or the mouse depending on whether you had the track pad on the left or right.

In the end, I switched over to Logitech keyboards and trackpads and couldn't be happier.

3. nick0 thread starter macrumors newbie

Well none of these are good for me then. Why aren't any of them designed to be used on your lap with clicking trackpad?