Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Coolio1234

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Sep 22, 2017
I am aware the iPad has plenty of magnets built in for Smart Keyboard connector purposes.. but looking for a solution that easily comes on/off when on the go!
Does such a case exist that snaps on/off, but has stronger magnets to stick to surfaces?

the moft wallet case I use for my iPhone 12 via MagSafe is the closest comparison I have (I bought their magnets and stuck them to the back of the wallet).

Any help would be appreciated!

Davidalan

macrumors 6502a
Nov 20, 2012
I am aware the iPad has plenty of magnets built in for Smart Keyboard connector purposes.. but looking for a solution that easily comes on/off when on the go!
Does such a case exist that snaps on/off, but has stronger magnets to stick to surfaces?

the moft wallet case I use for my iPhone 12 via MagSafe is the closest comparison I have (I bought their magnets and stuck them to the back of the wallet).

Any help would be appreciated!
I have been using this case and others From Pad and Quill, expensive in leather, but nice. There are others that are e less.
Pan and Quil Oxford magnetic case

IMG_0347.jpeg

x-evil-x

macrumors 603
Jul 13, 2008
Ok, was looking for a case that has magnets on the back strong enough to stick to a fridge!

I appreciate your reply, however.
you can make one. I just made a magnetic back holder for my car for the iPad that sits right over the dash. I used a 10$ magnetic case from amazon and cut off the fold part so the back was only left. works great. I glued on a magnetic ball mount onto the back of the shell with epoxy.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.