Magnet on Smart feather

snarestud940

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Feb 3, 2012
Hey guys, what is the best way to put a magnet on the back of the smart feather case? I want it to be just like the mag snap case from incase. Is it possible to get a strip of magnetic tape, that will not put a bulge on the back of the smart Feather case?

boshii

macrumors 68040
Jul 6, 2008
Atlanta, GA
Hey guys, what is the best way to put a magnet on the back of the smart feather case? I want it to be just like the mag snap case from incase. Is it possible to get a strip of magnetic tape, that will not put a bulge on the back of the smart Feather case?
You don't need a magnet. You can use steel.

mis204

macrumors member
Jul 7, 2010
Per advice of another forum member, you could get these: http://www.kjmagnetics.com/proddetail.asp?prod=D201-N52

Just superglue one of them where the magnet(s) in the smart cover line up with the case, and it will hold the smart cover back with ease. These are very thin, not sure if you consider it a bulge. Just a thought...

ivada

macrumors member
Dec 1, 2010
Per advice of another forum member, you could get these: http://www.kjmagnetics.com/proddetail.asp?prod=D201-N52

Just superglue one of them where the magnet(s) in the smart cover line up with the case, and it will hold the smart cover back with ease. These are very thin, not sure if you consider it a bulge. Just a thought...
Just started a thread asking about the same thing :)

Is there some material that a magnet is attracted to but is not magnetic itself? Would not want pins and staples sticking to the back of the ipad...

Is there something like a "steel" strip?

SmittS

macrumors regular
Jun 23, 2010
Just started a thread asking about the same thing :)

Is there some material that a magnet is attracted to but is not magnetic itself? Would not want pins and staples sticking to the back of the ipad...

Is there something like a "steel" strip?
Yes, it's called ferrous metal.

batotman

macrumors 6502
Mar 14, 2012
Have you done this yet?