Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

patriotaki

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jul 1, 2016
Hey im looking for a magnetic cable (like the old macbooks ,macsafe) solution for my iphone 7 plus,
does it matter if its mfi certified? im looking for the best one that will not harm my device

what options do i have? any big brands that make this kind of stuff

no amazon links pls,

patriotaki

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jul 1, 2016
I'll continue to do a basic web search for you, in that case.
http://geepin.net/view.php?aid=344

Can't vouch for quality, however.
yea i tried to buy before creating this thread but i get an error saying that the sellers paypal cant accept payments lol
[doublepost=1483780582][/doublepost]also ihave a question i see cables saying they are capable of 2.4A output
that will not be an issue as long as im using the original iphone charger right?

eyeseeyou

macrumors 68040
Feb 4, 2011
All of the reviews on amazon aren't too good for these types of cables plus you cannot transfer data.

AngerDanger

Graphics
Staff member
Dec 9, 2008
Screen Shot 2017-01-12 at 5.28.06 PM.png

One of my favorite YouTube users tested five different Lightning/USB magnetic cables and concluded that the WSKEN Mini 2 was best. While the magnetic connections on other cables were reversible, they only had magnets in the sockets, so they didn't always snap together properly. The WSKEN has magnets in both the sockets and plugs, so they properly aligned each time.

Here's the video if you're interested:

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.