Magnetic clasp and iPhone 4

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Lostsol, Jul 28, 2010.

1. Lostsol macrumors regular

I've seen some old threads about magnets and the iPhone 3G but not much about iPhone 4. I know an iPhone is an iPhone but I was just wondering if anyone has used a case with magnetic closure and if they experienced any problems. I did see an actual apple document that talks about it possibly messing with antenna reception.

I just got a leather case on Amazon and I love it but it had magnets. It's not worth it thoughi if there's a chance of it screwing up my iPhone. Anyone have any help?

2. Derald Lary macrumors member

I have had a magnetic closure case from Piel Frama on my iPhone 1,3G,3Gs and now the iP 4. I have never had a problem.

3. pdqgp macrumors 68020

pdqgp

I use a similar style leather case from my old blackberry 8800 and it works just fine with my 3Gs. No issues.

4. bluenoise macrumors 6502a

The only thing that might be affected is the compass, but only when it's near the magnet.

5. Lostsol thread starter macrumors regular

Thanks. If you google search you can find old threads here and other forums where people swear that shortly after using a case with magnets there iphone froze and showed a screen saying something like "take iphone in for repair".

I love this holster/case and it even works with a bumper or other case. This one is just to hold the iphone on a belt or waistband.