magnetic hooks in macbook pro

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by troysympatico, Jan 26, 2009.

1. troysympatico macrumors member

the little hooks at the top of the MBP in the tiny slots... if you close your MBP slightly and slowly you can see the magnets in the bottom of the macbook pro (beneath the trackpad) make the hooks come out and latch onto them.
    when I do it my right one comes out but the left one doesn't.

but i can close my macbook pro properly though, because of the remaining hook that is working. i'm a bit bothered by it, so i took my macbook pro to the apple authorized service center here in our country to have it checked. they said that the problem is at the top my case and i may have the lcd or the top part of the macbook pro replaced, BUT they have to check with apple first if apple will allow lcd replacement on this kind of problem.. my question is, do you think apple would allow the replace my lcd with this kind of problem? because the apple service center that i have gone to this morning are somewhat reluctant to change the lcd, and that they said that they would call me if apple allows the replacement. if they didn't replace it., i'm a little worried that the remaining working hook would not work too in the future, when my apple care expires. sorry for my bad english.. thanks so much

2. nopassn macrumors regular

I don't really know that much about how apple warranty works, but I would guess that they'd fix the problem and not replace the entire display... though maybe they'd replace it and then ship the faulty one back to apple to be fixed and reused on a refurb that needed a new screen? At any rate, if your MBP is under warranty, I'm sure they'll take care of you.