Magnetic mount & Jet Black

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by theman510, Oct 2, 2016.

1. theman510 macrumors 6502

Is anybody using one of those magnetic mounts where you put the thin metal piece in the phone case with the Jet Black finish?

Like this:

[​IMG]

Does the metal piece you put inside the case scratch the Jet Black finish at all?

2. vince730 macrumors member

Seeing as how easy the finish seems to scratch, I assumed the metal on metal abrasion would be a disaster.

I wrapped the piece I had in a single layer of a tissue before putting it in my case and so far have had zero scratches in the 5 days I've had the phone!

(Accidentally rubbing once against a shirt though, is a different story - immediately got my first microabrasion)

3. theman510 thread starter macrumors 6502

I figured the finishing might scratch, was just curious how other people protect it if they're using one of these. I have a clear case coming and don't want to distract from the look too much, so maybe I'll super glue a thin microfiber cloth to the side that will be touching the phone and see how that goes.

Thanks

4. tkukoc macrumors 6502a

tkukoc

Could get a screen protector or back protector, cut that out so it perfectly fits the end of the metal strip, attach it to that and then attach to the phone. Wouldn't leave any marks. I've done this in the past on friend's phones when they have clear cases and didn't want it looking horrible when the plate was back there.

5. theman510 thread starter macrumors 6502

Even better idea! Would also keep it slimmer. Thanks for the tip!