Magnetic window edges?

Discussion in 'macOS' started by The General, Apr 27, 2009.

  1. The General macrumors 601

    Jul 7, 2006
    Ever used Winamp for Windows? Ever used Gnome or KDE on Linux?

    I want something that makes Mac OS X behave just like that. I want windows to have "magnetic" edges that will grab the edge of the screen or the edges of other windows.

    Does something like this exist?
  2. glasserp macrumors regular

    Apr 4, 2008
    Detroit, MI
    I think this may be exactly what you're looking for.
    I've used it. It took some getting used to/learning. I eventually uninstalled it though because it was freezing up my system, it may have been an issue with another new program I was demoing at the same time, though.
  3. The General thread starter macrumors 601

    Jul 7, 2006
    It looks like EXACTLY what I want, but I installed it and I'm trying to use it, but I can't get it to do anything! It just plain doesn't work at all. :(

    EDIT: Ah, apparently you have to press a keyboard shortcut and drag the windows for it to work, and it's very finicky. I'll pass. Hopefully Snow Leopard has it built in...

Share This Page