Magnets and cases?

berthenderson

macrumors member
Original poster
Aug 7, 2012
Hey there.

I bought the STM Stash bag to protect my iPad when it's out and about. I also have a cover on my iPad. It's a snug fit, and I have to put some pressure on the screen and the aluminium back and pull quite hard to get my iPad out the bag.

Could that cause a problem or damage?

My friend has an iPad with a magnetic case, and he tried it on my iPad. Since it's a magnetic case, could the magnet damage my iPad?

Also, my STM Stash is 'water resistant'. If I was caught in a heavy downpour, would that seep through? I was out in drizzle today and was concerned.

stuaz

macrumors 6502
Jun 16, 2012
I am going to answer your questions as if they are serious...

The Smart Cover that apple sells connects via a magnet so I doubt magnets will damage the iPad. Unless they are crazy strong.

In regards to your question about water resistant - a 'slight drizzle' won't damage an ipad in a case.

Comment

GoCubsGo

macrumors Nehalem
Feb 19, 2005
Your iPad has a magnet in it for the smart cover feature. Your case says it is okay to get wet, if the company claims your ipad will be fine then hopefully they're not full of crap.

Comment

willmtaylor

macrumors G4
Oct 31, 2009
Here(-ish)
To answer your first question, no one here can know exactly hoe much pressure you're applying to remove the iPad, so no one can give a (non-smartass) answer

Others have answered the other questions.

Comment

berthenderson

macrumors member
Original poster
Aug 7, 2012
Yeah, they are serious questions. I just want to make sure my investment is safe, so thank for the replies about the bag and magnets.

In regards to the pressure I'm applying on my iPad, it's not so am crushing it, it's enough to give me grip and pull it out of a bag where there is friction.

If you're able to imagine that. Either way, I thank you for all of you replies.

Comment
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.