Magnify Glass ALREADY Freezes... ready for Copy/Cut/Paste?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by gjosho, Jan 28, 2008.

1. gjosho macrumors newbie

I have just noticed that in the Notes app when using the magnifying glass if you tap it with a second finger it will freeze, tap again and it disapears.

Could this be in preparation for Cut/Copy/Paste? ie: use the magnifier to find your start point, tap within it with another finger to freeze and an option to highlight appears inside the loupe, then drag the magnifier to end of selection and tap within the glass for options Copy/Cut/Cancel.

Conversly, if Copy had already been done then your initial second tap within the magnifier would have given you options Paste/Cancel.

Try freezing the magnifier yourself and you'll see the rest would just be intuitive I think.

2. hexonxonx macrumors 601

How do you get the magnifying glass? I don't see such a thing on my iPhone.

3. nickspohn macrumors 68040

nickspohn

when your putting in text (the keyboard has to be showing when you are highlighting things) just hold your index finger down behind the last word you entered and move it around.

As for this thread..it's just the way the UI works.

4. hexonxonx macrumors 601

Thanks for that. It appears that this little feature does absolutely nothing for now unless I am missing something.

Only thing I can think of is it may make the text easier to read under certain lighting conditions since the page color is yellow.

5. gjosho thread starter macrumors newbie

...just the way the UI works:

Yes, probs right on that! Still think a double tap and hold to bring up the magnifier on a webpage, then tapping its edge/rim with a second finger to begin highlighting would work pretty well as a selection tool though.

6. mouchoir macrumors 6502a

Actually, (for now) the magnifying glass acts as a cursor, so you can go back and edit words. So it is pretty important!

7. Monk Edsel macrumors regular

More precisely, it magnifies the cursor so that it is easier to reposition with precision. Without it, the cursor would be lost beneath your fingertip as you tried to slide it around. ;)

8. Drumjim85 macrumors 68030

Drumjim85

how have you missed the feature?? it wasn't hidden at all...:confused: