Magpul Exec Field Case VS Incipio NGP

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by Mr. G, Nov 8, 2011.

1. Mr. G macrumors member

I'm torn between the two. The Magpul seems like a steal at $10 and people tend to recommend it heavily in this forum. However the NGP gets a lot of nods as well and I do like the Incipio brand ... I have one of their two-piece hybrids and love (though don't use it often as 2-pieces are naturally a bit bulker.)

I wanted to put these two up against each other because they extremely similar in design and materials. Let me know what your experiences have been.

Any idea which adds less bulk?

2. Gmas macrumors member

Two of the cases I've been considering too.

From what I've seen and read, the Magpul should add less bulk.

3. rbn macrumors member

i also have narrowed it down to these 2 cases.

i read that new version of magpul exec field case is out but i want to know the following:

- has the lip really been raised to allow for better lay on table design?
    - which of the colours from magpul range does not impact the camera/flash

4. Gmas macrumors member

I've read from people confirming the black Magpul doesn't affect flash - the lighter colors do however.

5. Prototypical macrumors 6502

Prototypical

I just pulled the trigger (no pun intended!) on the Magpul after a few weeks of reading/comparing. Seems like a great case and gets top marks from a lot of the big iPhone accessory blogs. I'm always happy to support a US-based company and you know the quality is good if their main focus is helping to keep our military as well-equipped as possible.

I'm a naked phone person normally, but I'll be using the exec case every time I travel or am away from home/work.

6. rbn macrumors member

Black colour it is!

Just need confirmation that if laid faced down, that the screen doesn't touch the table/floor and i'm sold :)

7. ZipZap macrumors 601

Have used both.

Go with the NGP the Magpul fit was off and I did not like the feel of the plastic.

8. Gmas macrumors member

I asked the same question and someone answered me that it does in fact have a "lay on table" design (screen doesn't touch whatever it's laying on - rests on case edges). You can probably search my username to find the question/post.

9. KentuckyHouse macrumors 68020

KentuckyHouse

I remember reading in the large Magpul Executive thread that the Field Case has a bigger lip around the front than the Executive, keeping the phone "more" off the table than the Executive. I'm not sure if this is the case or not, but I like the look of the Field Case better anyway (and the camera cut out), so I ordered two of them last night. I guess we'll see when they get here. :D

Here's the post from the other thread I was referring to:

http://forums.macrumors.com/showpost.php?p=13804614&postcount=407

10. Prototypical macrumors 6502

Prototypical

Confirmed. I just received mine (black exec case) this morning and there is a 0.5-0.75mm lip around the edge which would raise the screen a tiny bit above a table. I'm not one to ever put my phone down screen-first but I think the lip would be sufficient. The field case would probably give you more protection, but at the expense of a thicker overall feel to the case.

On a side note, I'm very pleased with the case. Super slim, grippy, yet tough enough to not worry about scratches or dings. Perfect for me!

11. rbn macrumors member

Does dark earth colour exhibit flash issues when using camera?