Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

parrot5

macrumors 6502
Aug 10, 2010
I bought one on eBay, shipped to canada. Seller is "altatac". Total is about $18 including shipping with tracking. If you want an orange or green or black, there are slightly cheaper ones on eBay, but this seller has all the colours.

Dascoyne

macrumors 6502
Mar 25, 2013
Palo Alto, Ca
A word of caution:
According to Magpul eBay is full of counterfeits. I don't mind paying full price from an authorized dealer for the assurance it's real. It's not a very expensive case to begin with. Heck, it's better than cases costing three times their MSRP.

Warcake

macrumors regular
May 20, 2013
I'm an accessory junkie and my biggest problem with the Magpul is that it's such a good design I can't find excuses to justify shopping for more cases. In terms of functionality this case has the essential features covered like no other case. I still buy and try out other hyped cases, but I always come back to the Magpul. It's a workhorse like no other case.

I have to agree. Ive bought a few cases after magpul, and I still keep coming back. I like how its rugged but thin.

Anway, good review OP. Very nice pics as well.

vmaniqui

macrumors 6502a
Mar 8, 2013
California
A word of caution:
According to Magpul eBay is full of counterfeits. I don't mind paying full price from an authorized dealer for the assurance it's real. It's not a very expensive case to begin with. Heck, it's better than cases costing three times their MSRP.

Heard about this at amazon. Not sure though. Any one have any thoughts?

mdehoogh

macrumors member
Oct 30, 2012
Heard about this at amazon. Not sure though. Any one have any thoughts?

I know there are many counterfeits of their rifle products (mbus, ctr, ubr) so it wouldn't surprise me if there were also counterfeits of their iPhone cases too. Your best bet is to buy from an actual Magpul dealer like those listed by Dascoyne above.

I picked mine up at a local gun store so that's always another option if you don't want to order online.

walmartmartyr

macrumors 6502
Jan 3, 2012
Walmart,

The colour I chose was in stock. They do not ship to Canada.

I dunno what to tell you, I bought 4 cases from action gear in two separate orders. The link I posted brings you right to the case they are selling. They have all colors except black at the moment. So, when I check out, I put in my address, well its already there, saved when I log in. cost of shipping is like $3.

Dunno what your doing wrong. Anyway, action gear is a sell of gun accessories and the sort, so the magpul's are authentic.

here is the link directly to action gears sellers page. Shipping for me is $3.25

Last edited:

chibamac

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jan 10, 2009
I dunno what to tell you, I bought 4 cases from action gear in two separate orders. The link I posted brings you right to the case they are selling. They have all colors except black at the moment. So, when I check out, I put in my address, well its already there, saved when I log in. cost of shipping is like $3.

Dunno what your doing wrong. Anyway, action gear is a sell of gun accessories and the sort, so the magpul's are authentic.

here is the link directly to action gears sellers page. Shipping for me is $3.25

No.

Screen%2520Shot%25202013-10-19%2520at%25208.08.53%2520PM.png

Robster3

macrumors 68000
Dec 13, 2012

Yeah they ship to Australia too only $27 delivery:eek:

brianbunge

macrumors 6502
Aug 11, 2011
Kennesaw, GA
OK, I couldn't stand it any more. I should have ordered Thursday when the price was only $12. Instead I paid $15 today plus another $3.99 so I'd get it by Monday. I told my wife she could have the Apple leather case, which she really likes. We have two of those vent clips already and it looks like I'll probably be ordering one of those 10' Monoprice cables since my daughter broke yet another 3' Apple lightning cable. She keeps stretching and twisting them trying to text while she has her phone charging. I told her she's paying for them from this point on.

bhags8

macrumors 6502a
Mar 18, 2012
Got a flat earth one from Amazon to go with my gold 5s and it's awesome! Bought it from action gear about a month ago.

jplusc

macrumors 6502a
Jul 5, 2010
Los Angeles
Grabbed one if these off of amazon after reading the review. While it wish the case was slightly softer, overall it's my favorite TPU case at the moment. Love the fit. This is a great alternative to the speck pixelskin hd.

chibamac

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jan 10, 2009
Got a flat earth one from Amazon to go with my gold 5s and it's awesome! Bought it from action gear about a month ago.

I'm sure someone along the way asked to see a photo of this combo. Are you able to post a picture of this?

bhags8

macrumors 6502a
Mar 18, 2012
I'm sure someone along the way asked to see a photo of this combo. Are you able to post a picture of this?

My only camera is my iphone but i took some pictures using my webcam on my macbook lol

Attachments

• Photo on 10-21-13 at 2.38 AM.jpg
    Photo on 10-21-13 at 2.38 AM.jpg
    169 KB · Views: 125
  • Photo on 10-21-13 at 2.38 AM #2.jpg
    Photo on 10-21-13 at 2.38 AM #2.jpg
    196.8 KB · Views: 122

largefarrva

macrumors 6502a
Jun 30, 2012
I had the Spigen Tough Armor case for my 5s, but didn't like the buttons at all (way too big and didn't provide any tactile feedback especially for the sleep/wake button....don't know why this bothers me but it does).

I decided to try the Magpul field case in foliage green for my phone and I love it! Tactile feedback isn't too great for the sleep/wake button but it's better than the Spigen case for sure. Ordered from Amazon like many here and for only around $11 I might get a couple more colors so I can change them out from time to time. I'm glad I read some of these review threads here.

brianbunge

macrumors 6502
Aug 11, 2011
Kennesaw, GA
Well, for some reason my case didn't ship until this afternoon so it looks like I'll get it tomorrow. At least Amazon is refunding the extra $3.99 I paid for shipping.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.