Magpul Field case for the iPhone 6...

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by walds11, Sep 27, 2014.

1. walds11 macrumors 6502a

Any ideas when(if) Magpul will be releasing the field case for the iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 Plus? I recall from the past that Magpul takes a while to release a case for a newly released device, at least a month?

2. Jmacman78 macrumors 6502

Jmacman78

I don't think anyone outside Mapgul knows that. It took a while for the 5s cases. Hopefully it doesn't take too long for 6/6+ cases.

3. TechnicallyTee macrumors 65816

TechnicallyTee

There was a post somewhere where they were talking to a Magpul rep and he said that the case was under design right now. They said that they don't have the plugs to get the device before it drops so they can start designing the case ahead of time. Didn't give an eta but it is under production.

4. got556 macrumors 6502

got556

^Correct. Go to ar15.com and to the Industry section. Click on Magpul and there is a thread there about the cases.

5. walds11 thread starter macrumors 6502a

How long after iPhone 5 was released did Magpul roll out the field case? At least a month?

6. Koziakauzu macrumors member

Around 6 months I believe....

7. walds11 thread starter macrumors 6502a

Oh wow! It didn't seem that long, but I got my first field case just after the iPhone 5S was released, so it was already out for sometime.

8. TechnicallyTee macrumors 65816

TechnicallyTee

I have to find me a case then that will last me till the time the Magpul drops...So hard to land the perfect case.

9. cyclingplatypus macrumors 65816

cyclingplatypus

They normally take a few months - I personally can't wait - one of the best bangs for the buck and a great case.

10. TechnicallyTee macrumors 65816

TechnicallyTee

+1

11. Six8 macrumors 65816

Six8

12. psywzrd macrumors 68030

Hope they come out with an Executive Field case for the 6 as well. It took them a while for them to come out with it for the 5, but it's really a great case; in fact, it's still my favorite case of all time.

13. TechnicallyTee macrumors 65816

TechnicallyTee

One of my favorite cases of all time too, I think they will do so well if they would extend the cases for other Manufacturers as well, They have the right people putting that case together.

14. macher macrumors 65816

macher

And it's USA made and priced right.

15. walds11 thread starter macrumors 6502a

I am eagerly waiting. Please post on this thread when you hear something official. Thanks!

16. ZGXtreme macrumors regular

ZGXtreme

Given the irrational behavior of some of their fans Magpul never comments of development and speculative release dates. However, on M4Carbine.net where the crowd is a little more "normal," staff with Magpul replied and from the tone of the post, I think we'll be seeing these cases sooner rather than later. Just a little bump to share some hope.

17. db67fm macrumors regular

db67fm

I used a Magpul field case for the entire life (2 years) of my iPhone 5 and the phone was in perfect shape when I sold it.

I dropped it dozens of times and never any damage.

Cant wait to get this case for my iPhone 6!

18. dawgfan macrumors 6502

dawgfan

Big Magpul fan here too. Had one on my 4 and 5. Absolutely best bang for buck I've found. I ordered a cheap case from Monoprice until Field case is available. What are y'all doing until then?

19. stowy macrumors newbie

20. jackwins macrumors regular

21. nateo200 macrumors 68030

nateo200

Yes! My buddy had a ton of Magpul field cases for the iPhone 4....promised me a free one but by the time he found the time to find em and get me one I had already upgraded from my iPhone 4 :/ I like to make a "tactical statement" in a small way no matter what I'm doing :D

EDIT: I didn't realize they were so popular....only people I see with them or that know about them in person are Military/Law Enforcement/Gun owners or family of one of those....Side note: The case totally looks cool next to my Glock, walther tactical knife, and other gear!

22. walds11 thread starter macrumors 6502a

Double yeah! Can't wait.

23. stowy macrumors newbie

Yea I issue them as the standard case to all the North America staff. Droids and iPhones. The users here love them.

24. dawgfan macrumors 6502

dawgfan

25. stowy macrumors newbie