Magsafe 2 LED goes out?

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by duckrabbit, Jun 21, 2012.

1. duckrabbit macrumors member

I've noticed at least twice that the green LED on my Magsafe 2 goes out after leaving my MBPR (2.7GHz/512GB SSD/16 GB RAM) fully charged and plugged in for a while. The magsafe still functions while the light is out, and the light comes back on if I disconnect and reconnect the magsafe. I've used the same outlet many times for my old magsafe with no issues whatsoever. Anyone else experiencing this?

2. 7even macrumors 6502a

I had this happen with an old charger. Ended up swapping under warranty and the new one worked perfectly.

3. Code001 macrumors member

I have the exact same specs as you. I've left the computer plugged in since I've gotten it (6/20), and the LED has stayed solid ever since.

4. duckrabbit thread starter macrumors member

Thanks for the help. I guess I'll see if it happens with another outlet and take it in for an exchange if the issue persists.

5. mattonthemoon macrumors regular

mattonthemoon

I've had this happen with all 3 MacBooks and MacBook Pros (including retina) at one time or another. All in different locations so I know it's probably not a specific socket issue.

All corrected themselves by unplugging from the wall for a few min and then replugging back in.

Not to say this is all it is in your case, but I my RMBP exhibited this last night until I did the above.

Let us know your outcome!

6. qawes macrumors regular

qawes

My old charger does the exact same thing, but it does not affect it's functionality whatsoever.

7. duckrabbit thread starter macrumors member

FWIW, I think I may have traced the issue back to Caffeine. I haven't used it since making this topic and the issue hasn't cropped up since.

8. iNole macrumors member

This happens with my 2010 MacBook air. I have two chargers that do the same thing so I'm assuming it's the computer. Charges normally though so I never bothered getting it fixed.