Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Ytsephill

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Sep 15, 2010
Hello,
I recently lost my charger for my Late 2008 15'' Macbook Pro.
I found a good deal on an original Magsafe 2 charger. The connector seems to fit in my MBP and the voltage is right as well (85W).

I was wondering if anyone could tell me, since the Magsafe 2 is made for Retina MBP if I can still use it on my older model.

chrfr

macrumors G5
Jul 11, 2009
I was wondering if anyone could tell me, since the Magsafe 2 is made for Retina MBP if I can still use it on my older model.

It won't work. You can use an adapter to use an older adapter with a newer computer that has Magsafe 2, but there's no reverse adapter.

TechGod

macrumors 68040
Feb 25, 2014
New Zealand
Hello,
I found a good deal on an original Magsafe 2 charger. The connector seems to fit in my MBP and the voltage is right as well (85W).

There is no way it will work.

Altemose

macrumors G3
Mar 26, 2013
Elkton, Maryland
Hello,

I would like to see how a MagSafe 2 plug would fit in a MagSafe port!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.