Magsafe 60 watts adapter for MBP 13

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by airmax32, Apr 25, 2013.

1. airmax32 macrumors member

I just noticed that the magsafe 60 watts power adapter for the MBP 13 does not last long. Is there any reason why such as product is defective? My power adapter stopped functioning early this month. I had to buy a cheap replacement at ebay. Anyway I plan to use that only as a back up if something like that happens again in the future.

2. Mr MM macrumors 65816

Mr MM

3. ramram55 macrumors 6502

How long did you have the adapter for ? did it come with the mbp ? if you have bought within a year take it to apple store, you will get a new one, if you have apple care within 3 years you can get new one too.

4. SMDBill macrumors 6502

I have 3 13" Macbook Pros and the magsafe for the one I bought last Aug failed last night. I'm 65 miles from an Apple Store and 70 miles from an authorized repair location. I got online with Apple last night (830pm EST) and chatted with an Agent. I told her I verified the adapter is bad by swapping with another. She had me search authorized repair stations and stores online to verify distance to a store, then gave me an 800# to call instead. The guy was awesome when I called and today the replacement (under warranty) shipped via FedEx. I had to give a credit card # as a hold because I have to send the defective unit back. Once they get it the hold will be removed and I will have paid nothing.

Excellent service if yours is still under warranty and quite easy if your store is not nearby. Good luck! They're $79 new.

5. airmax32 thread starter macrumors member

october 2011

6. ramram55 macrumors 6502

If you have apple care, get it from apple otherwise get the genuine one either 60w or 85w adapter from ebay.

7. airmax32 thread starter macrumors member

It's all good. I got a legit one on ebay at a much cheaper price.