Sorry if this has been posted before, but my MBP's (early '08) magsafe (85w) adapter has twisted and melted about 8-10" from the brick. I'd post pictures but my battery only has about 10 minutes and I can't afford to take a picture. The area is also duct taped to prevent any sort of fire. Anywho, the adapter was bought with the computer in early August '08. Through normal usage, the adapter started to obtain this odd spiral that looked as if a single wire started to overheat. Then there was about an inch of discoloration which then, after a few days my foot hit the area and it burned. The burn area is gone now btw. Anywho, I looked down at the now barely visible smoking cord, and it was brown with this very nice, very dark, wiring exposed. I don't suppose this is because of some rubber coating near the head of the adapter? No wires were harmed, but they were slightly exposed. Anyway, will Apple replace this? Or won't they? If for whatever reason Apple will not (I highly doubt they will since the genius bar guys at my particular apple store are just... ugh) has anyone had any experience with the refurb'd magsavers? Thanks a bunch... Oh, and I do "have" photos, but they are really blury. You can't tell what's what. Again, thanks. Edit- like a very smart person, I forgot to mention that the wire has NEVER come in contacted with the brick. It's always been wrapped around the little prongs.