Magsafe: 90 Degree or simple one?

Discussion in 'Mac Accessories' started by M0esmac, Jun 27, 2012.

1. M0esmac macrumors 6502a

M0esmac

Hi guys,

I'm looking for 2nd power adapter for my 2011 MBP, and I have to ask, is there any difference between simple adapter and 90 degree one?

Thanks!

2. AdDaMan macrumors newbie

3. GGJstudios macrumors Westmere

GGJstudios

4. Tomorrow macrumors 604

Tomorrow

He didn't ask a battery question - he asked a power adapter question.

5. GGJstudios macrumors Westmere

GGJstudios

And I posted a link about power adapters that directly answers the question. There is more information about power adapters and charging in the Battery FAQ.

6. M0esmac thread starter macrumors 6502a

M0esmac

I'm not reading all that for simple question.

I asked just about that that part which goes into a Macbook. Is there any difference except the 90 angle between this:

[​IMG]

and this:

[​IMG]

?

7. Tomorrow macrumors 604

Tomorrow

I know, but GGJ's M.O. is to post links to FAQ's instead of actually answering questions like this.

The adapters themselves are essentially the same, the only difference is one allows the cord to go straight back from the computer (away from the user), and one allows the cord to go 90 degrees out from the side (perpendicular to the user). If your desk is more conducive to one of these over the other, it might be good for you to choose that option; otherwise, it won't make a difference.

8. GGJstudios macrumors Westmere

GGJstudios

As it states in the first link I posted:

9. M0esmac thread starter macrumors 6502a

M0esmac

Oh my god... Did I ask about replacement or voltage? NO. And it just MENTIONS the shape, DOES NOT EXPLAIN about it like that:

Stay:apple:

10. GGJstudios macrumors Westmere

GGJstudios

Having a challenge with reading comprehension? The statement applies to the connector OR the wattage, as stated in plain English. If you can't read the part that applies to your question and disregard the part that doesn't, that's your problem. :rolleyes: Next, you'll be complaining that you didn't ask about MacBooks or MacBook Airs, so I made the statement "user friendly" for you:

11. dhartung02 macrumors 6502

I prefer the 90 degree cable. It seems to be the least obtrusive and most out of the way. In fact i got one of the new magsafe to magsafe2 adapters for my 90 degree magsafe so i could use it on my new Rmbp.

12. harrisonw1998 macrumors regular

The flat white one was stopped being made because from being moved back and forth the wire frayed and caused a chance of a fire, so they changed the shape a little bit.