Magsafe Advice

Discussion in 'MacBook' started by macornomac, Jun 8, 2008.

1. macornomac macrumors 6502

Ok I've been reading thru all the threads and some are wishy washing regarding the issue. I've noticed in a quiet setting with my magsafe plugged in I hear a faint buzzing noise for a little bit then it goes away. When it starts again I'll unplug it and it goes away so its def the charger doing something. My question is that my one year warranty ends on the 24th of this month. The closest apple store is an hour away. Can I just go to the store and ask for a new magsafe??? Or is this a non issue??? Also do I have to take my macbook or can I just take my charger only. Thanks so much.

2. SFStateStudent macrumors 604

SFStateStudent

You would probably want to bring both charger and MB. B/c you would want to reproduce the situation for the Apple Store folks. That's critical, b/c it maybe the combination Magsafe Charger and the MB. Keep us advised.

3. macornomac thread starter macrumors 6502

Ok just called applecare, even though I don't have applecare haha. I guess my warranty counts as that. Well I told them about my magsafe and they will now send out a new one. They said it's a known issue with the buzzing sounds so once they send out the new one I just send them back the old one. Good deal because the closest apple store is an hour away. Now lets hope is def the magsafe and not the macbook itself.