MagSafe Airline Adapter Compatiblity

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by adityashah1989, Dec 15, 2008.

1. adityashah1989 macrumors 6502

Is the MagSafe Airline Adapter compatible with all the airlines. As am traveling by Emirates Airlines, I would like to confirm whether it works before I purchase it. I have the new Mac book Pro

2. drichards macrumors 6502a

drichards

The airline adapter is compatible with empower sockets and 20mm sockets. It does not charge your laptop, the adapter only provides active power. Checkout what's in your seat at seatguru.com before you fly.

3. adityashah1989 thread starter macrumors 6502

Mate, I went to seatguru but it does not have any information on emirates.

4. MowingDevil macrumors 68000

MowingDevil

I think most flights only have power for Business Class seating.

5. adityashah1989 thread starter macrumors 6502

I am sure Emirates has individual charging docks in Economy. I just want to know whether they are compatible with magsafe.

6. MowingDevil macrumors 68000

MowingDevil

Well contact Emirates and ask, their website probably has something. I asumed Air New Zealand would as well....and they didn't. Glad I looked into it before forking out.

7. Tex-Twil macrumors 68020

Tex-Twil

Hello,
    I reopen this topic cos I have a question about power supply in planes as well. I'm going from Europe to Mexico with this plane. The like says that AC power is available onboard but I'm not sure if all the seats have the power plug or only the seats marked with "power port" icon (1st + business).

Tanks for your info.

EDIT: ok sorry noob question. If I hoover with the mouse over the seat I have the answer. AC power: NO

Tex