Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Rafterman

Contributor
Original poster
Apr 23, 2010
Werid thing, I used Magsafe battery pack to work out and keep the phone charged so it's not wasting the phone's internal battery. In the past, the battery would drain to about 20 percent over three hours.

Today, I noticed after the three hours, that the phone and the battery still said 100 percent, which is impossible. Plugging in the battery gave me a green light on the battery, like it's charged.

I rebooted the phone, but it still says 100 percent Magsafe battery.

What the F? Bug?

Reactions: MarcinRSE

MarcinRSE

macrumors regular
Sep 28, 2017
Werid thing, I used Magsafe battery pack to work out and keep the phone charged so it's not wasting the phone's internal battery. In the past, the battery would drain to about 20 percent over three hours.

Today, I noticed after the three hours, that the phone and the battery still said 100 percent, which is impossible. Plugging in the battery gave me a green light on the battery, like it's charged.

I rebooted the phone, but it still says 100 percent Magsafe battery.

What the F? Bug?
Noticed same behavior today. Used MagSafe battery all day long and it is still at 88% like 10 hours ago

Nautilus007

macrumors 68030
Jul 13, 2007
U.S
I used my MagSafe battery for the first time on a trip, it was absolutely useless. My phone went to 0 and it wouldn't even charge it enough to turn it back on and kept rebooting itself.

The phone was at 50% and went to 0 while the MagSafe battery went from 95-70% in a few hours.

ilpap

macrumors member
Mar 27, 2010
I have been looking for a thread like this.

Similar problems.
Magsafe battery attached and the phone charged for 4% (37 -> 41) and then after some normal use it dropped to 39%

Tried it with 2 iPhones (12 pro and 12 pro max). Same behavior

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.