Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Lexio

macrumors regular
Apr 10, 2015
Poland, Kraków
So, I don't think that it is really connected with the MagSafe Battery itself but yesterday my BatteryPack .... broke my Lightning Cable. I have been charging the Battery Pack to 100% and it charged but after that I plugged in my iPhone and it didn't. I tried another cable and it worked so it seems that the cable is broken. Very weird.

chillip

macrumors 68030
Mar 16, 2013
Really impressed. Not to big but large capacity and the stand works well.

Attachments

• CEE55C11-EB73-41AD-BB72-433106F98205.jpeg
    CEE55C11-EB73-41AD-BB72-433106F98205.jpeg
    396 KB · Views: 196
  • Haha
Reactions: A.R.E.A.M.

oMc

macrumors 6502a
Oct 17, 2010
Finland & France
At first I was really annoyed the MagSafe Battery Pack gets stuck at 90%, and starts draining if it's above 90%. But once I learned why and how it does that, I've embraced it. Using the MagSafe battery pack everyday can extend your iPhone's battery health if you think about it.
I thought exactly about the same thing a few days ago. I'm starting to use it to charge overnight more and more often.

ahmede

macrumors 6502
May 14, 2011
I considered the Apple MagSafe Charger but after a lot of consideration I decided against it and bought the new Anker 622 MagGo Battery pack. Half the price, much higher battery capacity, very slim, and has a USB-C port to charge other devices too. Oh and the back folds down into a stand. The apple one in comparison seems like very poor value for money. Really pleased with this badboy!
View attachment 1883159

View attachment 1883161

View attachment 1883162

How warm / hot does your phone get while charging ?

Lucas Curious

macrumors 6502a
Nov 30, 2020
Ok just got the MagSafe battery and I did a test.
My iPhone Mini has 86% life left on battery. The MagSafe battery charged it from dead to 87% in 2 hours and 15 minutes without using the phone.
People with new iPhone mini claimed they get from 0%-79% charge using the MagSafe battery. So I guess my charge makes sense since my internal battery has lost 14% life in 13 months.

Lucas Curious

macrumors 6502a
Nov 30, 2020
Be careful when ordering a MagSafe battery off eBay or Amazon Warehouse. here is a fake and a real one I got from Amazon Warehouse sold by Amazon. can you spot the fake? The fake doesn't show charge percentage, doesn't show model number in ABOUT section, the serial number comes out as invalid on apple warranty check, the magnet isnt as strong as Apple version, when cleaning the battery, liquid dries clean on the apple but water smudges stay on the fake. The fake is 1mm thicker. But a newbie probably wouldn't be able to tell

Attachments

• tempImage2SknyR.png
    tempImage2SknyR.png
    2.4 MB · Views: 158

EddieKeyton1

macrumors 6502
Sep 28, 2021
Be careful when ordering a MagSafe battery off eBay or Amazon Warehouse. here is a fake and a real one I got from Amazon Warehouse sold by Amazon. can you spot the fake? The fake doesn't show charge percentage, doesn't show model number in ABOUT section, the serial number comes out as invalid on apple warranty check, the magnet isnt as strong as Apple version, when cleaning the battery, liquid dries clean on the apple but water smudges stay on the fake. The fake is 1mm thicker. But a newbie probably wouldn't be able to tell

The one on right is fake. You just ad me worried lol I purchased one online and not from apple. Just looked in the about and it says manufacturer apple inc. whew! Lol

ahmede

macrumors 6502
May 14, 2011
Does charging the phone with the magsafe battery cause any warming of the phone

How does the heat generated compare to when using the magsafe charger

Magsafe Batttery vs Magsafe Charger heat ??

Youngsmoooveee

macrumors member
Feb 23, 2021
I have anker, mophie and Apple mag battery and the Apple one is by far the best.
Worth the money? Looking for something even though I have the 13 pro max. Would want to use it when I am traveling or out and about and don’t have a charger on me.

EddieKeyton1

macrumors 6502
Sep 28, 2021
Honestly I’m thinking about selling mine on fb. I rarely use it. My 13pm battery lasts all day long. No matter what I throw at it. But I know the moment I sell it. I’ll need it

Htsi

macrumors 65816
Oct 14, 2020
I would believe it’ll be much less heat than a charge from the mains.
Wireless charging at 5w vs 15w
Does charging the phone with the magsafe battery cause any warming of the phone

How does the heat generated compare to when using the magsafe charger

Magsafe Batttery vs Magsafe Charger heat ?

Reactions: ahmede

Htsi

macrumors 65816
Oct 14, 2020
Honestly I’m thinking about selling mine on fb. I rarely use it. My 13pm battery lasts all day long. No matter what I throw at it. But I know the moment I sell it. I’ll need it
It’s a nice to have thing. Loved my smart battery case from 11Pro days.
I haven’t jumped on the MagSafe battery pack because it doesn’t charge wirelessly.

hr10

macrumors 6502
Jun 20, 2009
Newegg has had it for $65.99 for a while now and I don't know why it's never appeared on the Macrumors homepage. Maybe because they're not an affiliate.

Nice find, has anyone ordered From them? It says 7-30 days to arrive from China, Newegg doesn’t sell fake stuff i assume?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.