Magsafe charger causing scratching?

Discussion in 'MacBook' started by SBradford, Mar 24, 2011.

1. SBradford macrumors member

I have a Macbook 2010 which is about 1 month old and right above the charger port are TONNES of tiny scratches. You cannot feel them but you can definitely seen them, there are tonnes of them! I have done some Googling and only found a few pages about how much think it was their charger, I think the same because nowhere else on the Macbook is like it is there. It actually makes it look really really old, what can I do?

2. miles01110 macrumors Core

miles01110

Be more careful when you connect the charger?

3. SBradford thread starter macrumors member

Well...it's actually a magnet so sometimes it pulls towards the port before it is lined up.

4. Charlie Sheen macrumors 6502

Charlie Sheen

i have the same issue. no big deal just have to be carefull

5. AlphaDogg macrumors 68040

AlphaDogg

It has scratched the aluminum around the port on my MacBook Pro. For the first couple weeks of me owning it, I made sure that I was careful when plugging it in and unplugging it. And for those weeks, it was in perfect condition. But I stopped caring about it, and it got scratched. It's ok. Deal with a couple of scratches here and there. I promise, your MacBook will get scratched even more than it is now.

6. macbwizard macrumors 6502

macbwizard

Exactly. My 2006 MBP has a ton of scratches around the Magsafe port. At this point I don't care anymore, just happy that the computer is still working great.

7. vincenz macrumors 601

vincenz

Pretty much the only option. Either that or you can cut out those nasty sticky films and put them around the port :confused: