MagSafe charger for 2011 MBP?

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by jmy2469, Feb 29, 2012.

1. jmy2469 macrumors member

Tonight, I go to charge my MBP, nothing. Has anyone has issues with the MagSafe charger that comes with the MBP? Are there any other charging options for the MBP besides the MagSafe charger? This is starting to sound familiar. I have been through a few charge cables for my iPhone also. Thanks for the info.

2. GGJstudios macrumors Westmere

GGJstudios

Check out the link for troubleshooting MagSafe adapters at the bottom of the CHARGING section of the following link. This should answer most, if not all, of your battery questions:

3. RockPortTech macrumors regular

I actually am having mine replaced, I received my MBP back April of last year, still have 30 some odd days left on my warranty and Apple is shipping me out a new one free of charge :)

The deal with mine is it started acting up as if when plugged into the laptop, it had to be held a certain way, or in a certain position, or else it would not charge. Frankly I didn't like it, and with a programming class coming up, I cannot risk it, luckily Apple will replace ANY charger from the "Mag Charger" deal that has issues because they were sued, so they wont ask questions but merely want a credit card in order put a hold of $70 when they ship out new one, then lift the hold when they get your old one back

At least thats what the apple rep told me tonight over the phone, i did get receipt and it stated $0 will be charged so long as they mine back.

Call Apple they will send you a new one.