Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

JasonCManley

macrumors member
Original poster
Dec 10, 2019
Ohio
I've been looking for a MagSafe compatible stand that I could use with my iPhone 13 mini as both a stand and a charger. But, I would like the ability to turn off the charging portion without having to unplug a cable. Essentially having then just be a magnetized stand while not charging. The Belkin MagSafe 2-in-1 is a perfect solution but has no on/off button for the charging. I would have to unplug the cable constantly.

Does anything like that exist?

FreakinEurekan

macrumors 603
Sep 8, 2011
I got a USB-C power switch with a Raspberry Pi kit a couple of years ago, maybe that would suit your purposes? Quick Interwebz search shows several options.

fastmax

macrumors regular
Nov 2, 2011
Does anything like that exist?
It sure does. Plug this switch into your surge suppressor and the Belkin plug into the switch. Now, when your iPhone is fully charged, you can flip the switch to cut power to the charging unit.

Shadowbech

macrumors G3
Oct 18, 2011
As someone mentioned, I would recommend a smart plug and have it connect to your Home app and set it that way.

Reactions: robotica

jetsam

macrumors 6502a
Jul 28, 2015
As someone mentioned, I would recommend a smart plug and have it connect to your Home app and set it that way.
My Belkin 3-in-1 wireless charger is plugged in to a Wemo Smart outlet. "Hey, Siri, Turn on the MagSafe plug."

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.