Magsafe connector, question about warrenty

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by Trotskyist, Apr 10, 2008.

1. Trotskyist macrumors newbie

Hey, I'm a fairly new MacBook Pro user (late November), and have absolutely loved everything about it. However, a couple of days ago my magsafe connector melted, and (obviously) ceased to work. Now, from what I understand, this is covered by the warranty, and I can just take it in to the nearest apple store (which is nearly an hour away, so I'd prefer not to have to go back and forth) and they'll give me a new one. Which leads me to my question, what do I need to take to the apple store? Just the connector? Do they have my warranty info on file? I don't recall ever getting a AppleCare member # or anything of that sort, and if I somehow overlooked it, is there anyway to find it off the apple website?

Many thanks in advance,
    Trotskyist

Er, typo in the topic title, sorry about that D:

2. forafireescape macrumors 6502a

forafireescape

I made an appointment (that way they had my info on file) and just brought in the adaptor, and they replaced it.

3. Apple Corps macrumors 68030

If your computer was purchased you are under normal warranty - they will probably have the purchase date on file - just take your MBP and magsafe with you. Might make sense to call ahead and make sure they have one in stock.