Magsafe Failure Damage Warranty?

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by xchristina, Sep 17, 2010.

1. xchristina macrumors newbie

Okay, so yesterday my magsafe failed to pop out when I tripped on the cord. Matter of physics I guess, the cord pulled right along the side of my MBP and it slid right off my desk and landed flat on the ground. It was a lucky land and at first the only damage seemed to be that the bottom case was slightly dented and askew, but I wasn't concerned at all. But, there must have been some internal damage because later when I tried to watch a movie, there were issues reading the DVD. When I tried to eject, it would start to and then go back in. I eventually forced it out. When investigating the damage further today (with a blank CD), it got caught in an loop of trying to read it, ejecting it, retracting it, trying to read it and so on. I've never had any kind of issue until it fell.

Anywho, enough of a background, I guess I was just wondering if anybody had any idea if there was any sort of price reduction on repairs if the magsafe failed to pop out and the magsafe is still under warranty? I highly doubt it, but I'm guessing the repairs will be expensive and it's just kind of wishful thinking. Has anybody had experience with something like this?

2. miles01110 macrumors Core

miles01110

You won't be able to prove the damage was from the MagSafe not popping out. You might get lucky and get a sympathetic manager (a sympathetic Genius probably doesn't exist), but I wouldn't count on it.