Magsafe Light issues

chrisrosemusic1

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jan 31, 2012
Northamptonshire, England
I've searched this, and generally people just get pointed towards the apple support page on batteries and chargers but I'm curious..

The last week my indicator light has just been turning off after a few mins/10mins/30mins - generally the battery is still charging but there's just no light. I'm about 6 months into my warranty now (already had a HDD switch out due to continued corruption) so should I be bothered or take it in for a replacement?

It's odd why it just seems to randomly give up when the battery health on iStat is showing 98% (60 cycles) so the battery shouldn't be on it's last legs for another 900+ charges (according to Apple anyway)!

GGJstudios

macrumors Westmere
May 16, 2008
The last week my indicator light has just been turning off after a few mins/10mins/30mins - generally the battery is still charging but there's just no light.
By what method are you determining that the battery is still charging?

chrisrosemusic1

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jan 31, 2012
Northamptonshire, England
It could simply be a faulty light. You may want to take it to Apple to have it replaced. If it was me, I wouldn't worry about it unless your battery stops charging properly.
Yeah obviously it's main job is to charge, but I don't want to become worse after Christmas and I'm out £80 for a replacement! Think I'll take it in at some point.

Thanks