Magsafe Light Problem!

Discussion in 'MacBook' started by aznelementmaste, Jul 3, 2008.

1. aznelementmaste macrumors newbie

I just got this problem with my Magsafe adapter that came with my Macbook (late 2007).

The macbook would charge, but then, the LED light on the adapter would go from bright orange to a dim green. Then, (I think..)the macbook would just stop charging until I unplug it and plug it back in.

I searched it up on the web, and found a lot of these problems! Does anyone know how to fix this? What should I do?

The Adapter isn't burnt or anything, though. I have had 302 Recharge Cycles, and I have had my macbook for 7 months, and I still can reach at least over 3 hours at 83 percent with screen brightness at medium, wireless on, and bluetooth on, and 5 applications running, so would you think it was the power adapter's problem? Or the macbook? the battery? Please!

2. chscag macrumors 68000

You've gotten over 300 cycles from the battery - probably time for a new one.
    Do some searching on the subject and you'll see what I mean.

Regards.

3. aquajet macrumors 68020

Try resetting your SMC here first. I had problems with the light on my magsafe adapter and Apple ended up replacing it. Since your machine is 7 months old, you should be able to get a replacement if necessary.

4. aznelementmaste thread starter macrumors newbie

Thanks for teh suggestions. IS there any one else that has the problem and has found a way to fix it?

5. thecartoonguy macrumors 6502a

thecartoonguy

There is not a way to "fix" the adapter. It's a dying unit and Apple should be able to replace it at no charge.

6. Matek macrumors 6502a

Since it's still covered by warranty, I don't understand why you're bothering with it. Just take it to Apple and let them do the diagnostics.