MagSafe Light

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by Opstech, May 21, 2010.

1. Opstech macrumors 6502a

Opstech

What’s up MBP community? I purchased two extra MagSafes when I got my New MBP six months ago and all three LED’s went out on them just days from each other…..One light is very dim.
    Has anyone encountered this before with their MBP’s ?
    Thanks

2. Gorilla Power macrumors 6502

Gorilla Power

I've noticed my old MagSafe's light didn't use to light up occasionally. I needed to plug it out and back in again to light it. However, none of the ones I had actually went out.

3. ryannazaretian macrumors 6502a

ryannazaretian

Clean the Magsafe port on your laptop with a pencil eraser and wipe the rubber off. It's just dirty.

4. Opstech thread starter macrumors 6502a

Opstech

Thanks! It sounded good, but didn't help. It sounds isolated. The good thing is it still charges.

5. bella92108 macrumors 68000

*cringe* if someone's laptop is so dirty their power port is blocked, lol.

I remember when I worked tech support years ago people would bring in their laptops and the keys were so finger-crudded that I'd have to put paper towels between my fingers and the keys they were so disgustingly dirty.

I will say that 99.999% of those dirty people were PC users haha. Tho I wonder why people put stickers on their mac... seems odd because they'll never ever come completely off, haha.

6. Opstech thread starter macrumors 6502a

Opstech

Thanks Bella, but my MBP is in perfect condition and is packed away when not in use. I tried his trick only to see if it worked.
    I did the same thing for CompUSA and our number one complaint was laptops used by chain-smokers. They always had a thin sticky layer of film on their laptops.....

7. bella92108 macrumors 68000

Yeah, I had a power adaptor where the light would flicker or flash or not come on, took it in and they replaced it no questions asked. I'd say do that, then tell em if it's still doing it and they'll likely replace the whole computer .... power isn't something you want to mess with, it's the one component that can ruin everything quickly.

8. MrCheeto macrumors 68030

MrCheeto

I must say that, besides Mtv these days, the most disgusting things I've come across were under users' keyboards.

I've repaired in the number of hundreds of computers. Of them, the most disgusting are the older key caps, ie PowerBook keyboards. It just seams they were made to suck in and cling to dirt and, well, things I cannot mention here. Do people normally clip their nails over their keyboards?

I'm shocked, even, that the NEW MacBook keyboards can be so encrusted! How does so much build up get under those tight little crevices?!

What you and every other person must realize is; to normal people, computers are just another appliance, next to dishwashers and VCR's. You might not cry when the printed-circuit membrane on the front of your microwave develops a small crack, but I'm sure there's a Maytag man crying somewhere. XD

Also, I once repaired a PowerBook G4 12" that was covered, no, enveloped in these Andre the Giant stickers. I had to probe and cut with a scalpel to find the damn battery and ram slot. The battery! Who the hell covers the battery?! *slap*