Magsafe on airplane

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by thesk1llerz, Jun 17, 2010.

1. thesk1llerz macrumors member

thesk1llerz

I was wondering if there is anyway you can charge a Macbook Pro on the plane without buying the Magsafe adapter from Apple. Any ideas or suggestions are appreciated.
    Thanks
    :apple:

2. GGJstudios macrumors Westmere

GGJstudios

3. Reapur macrumors regular

Wrong, Air Canada has the standard north american two prong outlets.

4. GGJstudios macrumors Westmere

GGJstudios

Well if the OP is flying Air Canada, he's all set. If he's flying airlines in the US, he's out of luck.

5. Wehrwolf macrumors 6502

Wehrwolf

You can always lock yourself in the lavatory for the entire flight...(or until the flight attendants drag you out for final approach) I believe they still have outlets in there. :p

6. Reapur macrumors regular

Well before you give people information, you should be specific stating that US owned airlines do not have standard plugs, instead of generalizing every commercial flight that may actually still allow you to use your normal power adapter.

To the OP, the best thing to do is to call your Airline and ask them instead of asking on here where people potentially have no idea what they are talking about.

7. GGJstudios macrumors Westmere

GGJstudios

Well, as odds are very high that the OP is in the US, the chances are extremely high that my statement applies. If you feel the need to put in a plug for Air Canada, knock yourself out. :rolleyes:

8. thesk1llerz thread starter macrumors member

thesk1llerz

What I meant is there a adapter i can buy to plug my magsafe in, or can I make 1?

9. GGJstudios macrumors Westmere

GGJstudios

10. aethelbert macrumors 601

Not really. Most airlines in the United States are migrating towards standard 110v AC power supplies, and many have finished nearly all of their fleets. Granted, one will be lucky to find any power adapter in coach on some airlines.

Tip: don't try to sound smart when you have no idea what you're talking about.

11. jcu macrumors newbie

In the past three years I have never had to use the airline adapter, on continental, air france, and lufthansa flights in coach. You should check seatguru (airline/type of plane) before choosing a seat, sometimes the outlets are only in the first few rows in coach (had that with continental).

12. Alvi macrumors 65816

Alvi

Actually, if your airline has the standard plug you can just use it, it's really rare to me to find such connections like the ones apple sells, I just saw it once in a US Airline and in a Charter/Private Jet, i guess you can use that cable in your car too