Magsafe plug

Discussion in 'MacBook' started by -ASH-, Jul 24, 2013.

  1. -ASH- macrumors newbie

    Jun 5, 2012
    Hi Guy's,

    I now have 2 macbook chargers that have buggerd ends (the magsafe end that plugs onto the laptop side).

    Does anyone know if I can buy the plugs & solder them on myself? it would work out a lot cheaper and I could have a spare.

    Many thanks in advance.

  2. luisito macrumors regular


    Nov 15, 2012
    No idea what does buggerd means.

    But I wouldn't dare messing around with power supplies, you may even lose you life from an electric charge if you do things wrong. Always best to save and invest on these type of things.
  3. -ASH- thread starter macrumors newbie

    Jun 5, 2012
    I'm sure that I'm not going to kill myself with the 19v (or what ever it is) off a power supply.

    Bare in mind that the voltage dropper is still sealed shut.

    And buggered means that it's broken (fu**ed).. Lol
  4. luisito macrumors regular


    Nov 15, 2012
    Ignorance is bliss, and can get you killed.

    I never said that "19v" would kill you, I said that if you mess with it, things can go horribly wrong, but apparently you know much more than I and know what you are dealing with here, so please don't mind me. I apologize for my comment about safety.

  5. wb123 macrumors newbie

    Jun 7, 2013
    I managed to rescue one once by stripping the insulation back and managing to get just about enough to solder it back together.

    Whether or not you could do this depends exactly what is buggered in this instance, the connection to the magsafe end bit, or the end bit itself. From your description is is explicitly unclear.

Share This Page