Magsafe unplug leads to no charging for the battery?

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by genej, Dec 15, 2007.

1. genej macrumors newbie

Hi, I've been a lurker here for a while and today I got my new Macbook SR
    I'm happy with it, but I have an issue with the magsafe connector.

When I first plugged in the adapter, the red light showed up on the magsafe and all was good.
    However, when I unplugged the magsafe from my laptop, and reconnected it, the laptop failed to start charging. There's no light at all, and my laptop's running on battery right now.

I fixed this problem by unplugging everything, then removing the battery, and plugging in the magsafe. At that point the light showed up on my magsafe, and I replaced the battery. But each time I unplug the magsafe from the laptop it stops charging/working.

I'm sure its not the outlet, as I've tried multiple outlets throughout my house, and it seems like theres an issue with the magsafe connecting with my battery.

Any help on this would be extremely appreciated.

EDIT: Just as an FYI, I bought this laptop off of amazon.com
    If i needed to actually take this in to get something replaced, would I be able to just go to my local apple store or return it through amazon (a lengthy and tedious process)?

2. ktbubster macrumors 6502a

ktbubster

It's still under the applecare warranty (well the 1 year limited one) it doesnt' matter where you got it. Bring it into an applestore and describe the problem. You may not even have to return it, it could just be a bad batter or bad charger both of which they could give you a new one of at the store. Not a problem. I believe you can still send it in via the apple store too (or get it replaced) if it is the computer.

No worries :) as long as you live near the apple store.

gl!

3. genej thread starter macrumors newbie

Thanks
    So I'm going to assume that this issue isn't something I can fix at home right?
    Before going to the apple store should I back up all my data onto another drive just in case?