MagSafe won't work, then works after 6 hours?

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by MJNBGA, Jul 9, 2011.

1. MJNBGA macrumors regular

So my Magsafe adapter wasn't working - it was't charging my MacBook Pro. I called Apple, they told me to tale it to a service technician. It's Saturday in NZ, so they won't be able to see me until Monday. ANyhow, 6 hours later, I plugged my MacBook Pro in and vwalla! it worked! ;)
    So my question is, is it normal for this to happen? Should I see about getting my MagSafe replaced, or is it good to go?

Thanks. :cool:

2. bizzle macrumors 6502a

What kind of MacBook Pro do you have? What style power adapter do you have? It's possible you need to install this update.

http://support.apple.com/kb/DL1311

Also, if you have the new L style, check to if you can spin the magsafe part even ever so slightly on the cable. If so, the cable is broken and you happened to just get it back in the right spot where it works. They are made like crap and I see them break like this constantly.

3. NutsNGum macrumors 68030

NutsNGum

Voilà.

4. millerj123 macrumors 6502a

This has happened a couple of times with my wife's laptop. I've always been able to get it working by re-seating the cord into the block or the adapter into the computer. It doesn't happen very often, but if it did I'd consider getting it replaced.

5. MJNBGA thread starter macrumors regular

I have the new 2011 13" MacBook Pro, with the "L" shaped adapter. I'll test it tomorrow. If I use a country adapter, not the duckhead thing that you have to buy from :apple: to change countries, does that void the warranty? Thanks.