Magsafe

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by mfaye21, Feb 14, 2010.

1. mfaye21 macrumors regular

Hi,
    I did a search but couldnt seem to find any good results. I will be buying the new macbook pro when it comes out. I will need two magsafe chargers for it. Where is the cheapest and most reliable place to buy magsafe cords?

2. Primejimbo macrumors 68040

For something like that, I would just buy one form Apple. This way you have proof you got it from them, it's an Apple product and if any issues happens in future there is no question you got it from them.

3. mfaye21 thread starter macrumors regular

ok thanks

4. haydn! macrumors 6502a

Fingers crossed the new MacBook Pro's come with the newer aluminum design. They look less likely to break/come loose where the cable joins the plug.

5. flynz4 macrumors 68040

I would really like for them to use the same connector as the 24" ACD, which fits both the MBP and MBA. That way I could carry just one adapter with me when I travel... for my corporate MBP and my personal MBA. It would be a plus if the adapter included a USB port (or two) to charge my iPhone/iPad.

/Jim

6. haydn! macrumors 6502a

The power connector on the ACD is pretty much identical to the one shipping with the new design MacBook, and MacBook Air so its a pretty much certainty that these will be making their way into the MacBook Pros with the next revision.

The redesign is probably to address the problems there was the cables coming loose. It would be silly to keep the original, slightly flawed design on the higher end notebooks.