Maiden in Distress - Address Book records Vanished!!!!

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by julesbunny, Sep 28, 2007.

1. julesbunny macrumors newbie

Haeaelp (isn't that what Penelope Pitstop says) ... any way. Guys in my office trying to bring me into the 21stC, get me a MacBook Pro and then iCal - make me switch from entourage to ue the mac mail, then address book. I go with it, spend this whole week in the evenings updating my personal (old fashioned, safe, hand-written type) onto address book, click all my emails addresses in, add all the birthdays from my manual calendar - thinking WOW... I will be so on top of everything. Got in last night and went to check my mail and there were only 4 records left in my address book. They were not to be found.
    My technical chap looked but couldn't find. He has imported my old All.vcf records but they are massively out of date. Only alternative is to retype about 20 hours worth of stuff back in. And, I really don't want too. And I am terrified that if I do, it will happen again. What ever 'it' is.
    Can anyone help me.? And baby talk me through. I am not that techno-savvy so excellet hand-holding skills necessary.
    Cheerio

Jules:confused::rolleyes:

2. MacBoobsPro macrumors 603

MacBoobsPro

Thats odd. I noticed the other day I made some changes in address book but then when I went to use them for email later that day they had not saved.

Maybe Apples latest OSX update has broken Address book? :confused:

3. julesbunny thread starter macrumors newbie

OK - no worries & forgiven. I hope someone can help too. Can't let go of the thread of hope that someone could save me a lot of time and hassle. And I am feeling too nervous to reinput everything - especially when I don't know how it disappeared in the first place!
    J