mail 3.5, problems deleting junk mail

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by mcnaja, Oct 22, 2008.

1. mcnaja macrumors newbie

...calling all Mail guru's.....i have 2 sub folders in my junk mail folder and 1 is showing over 7000 messages (ouch). The problem is they won't delete - you can't even see them if you click on the folder...i've tried going in to the mail library but you can't see them there either - new messages go into it everyday and although some of them do disappear when you "delete junk mail" it seems others won't have it...

i can't get the option to "rebuild" as it's in grey not black and all my account preferences seem correct.

any advice gratefully received

2. moabon.rob macrumors member

I have similar problems with deleting Junk Mail - if you want to get rid of everything in the Junk Mail folder and it won't delete, then the following should work:

- Go to Mailbox > Erase Junk Mail

(or alternatively press Alt-Command-J [Alt-Apple-J])

This seems to be a sortof "Force Delete Junk" function.

3. Am3822 macrumors 6502

Am3822

I have the same problem with junk mail deletion. I've tried using alt-cmd-j, but for some reason it doesn't work and I have to delete the messages manually.

I have imap access to a microsoft exchange 2007 server if that makes any difference.

While I'm at it -- how can I instruct mail.app to avoid loading images included in messages?