Mail 4.2 Please someone help me....I just gave up!!

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by Dextor143, May 28, 2010.

1. Dextor143 macrumors 6502

My mail folder on the HD is keep getting bigger and bigger and that is because mail is just keep downloading some files with extension .emlx under the INBOX.imapmbox>messages.

I have deleted it like 20 times but it keep comes back..even though when I delete it, my mails stays the same so it is something happening from mail it self. It goes up to 15 to 20 GB until it fills the whole hard drive...Please help me out with it...Thanks

[​IMG]

If you look at the far right files...it just keep getting bigger and bigger...I have no idea what to do, I have reset my gmail setting 10 times with different servers, I have also optional install Mail from my snow leopard..Please help me out...

2. miles01110 macrumors Core

miles01110

You probably set up the mailbox as an IMAP account, and it's now downloading all the messages in your inbox. emlx is Mail's format for individual messages.

3. Dextor143 thread starter macrumors 6502

then what do I do? how can I just make it work normal?

4. Airforcekid macrumors 65816

Airforcekid

It is normal if you have 20gb of data on your gmail account you have to delete some messages.

5. Dextor143 thread starter macrumors 6502

I have total 2.1GB of data on my Gmail...Mail is actually keep downloading them separately