Mail 4.2 What plugins are you using?

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by Jon-Luke, Jan 30, 2010.

1. Jon-Luke macrumors 6502

Jon-Luke

I know, I know this has been covered before... But its out of date. Most plug-ins don't work on Mail 4.2 in Snow Leopard.

I am using three at the moment that are all working great and they are all free :D :

1. WideMail is a way to view mail in columns (Ala entourage) it also allows for more customization of the message line:

[​IMG]

2. Herald works like growl on steroids you can view your mail as it comes in and scroll through the whole message it also allows you reply without having to revert to mail and I think it looks quite good too.
    [​IMG]
    3 Attachment Scanner How many times have you sent an email promising attachment only to forget to attach the document you want to send? Well this little genius plug-in avoids all that by scanning your email message and if it picks up that you wanted to attach something it pops up a warning before you send off the message. It works very well and has saved me a few times...
    [​IMG]

If you can recommend any other plug-ins (preferably free) then please post them here... ;)

2. gaz617 macrumors member

I only use Letterbox and GrowlMail, but some of these look really useful and I'd love to see some more

3. GoCubsGo macrumors Nehalem

GoCubsGo

Jon-Luke I know you said this has been covered before, but I have to say I never knew of such plugins. Maybe it's because I didn't think mail coukd be more than it is or that I took up residence under a rock. Either way, thanks for bringing it up and sorry I don't have anything to add. :)

My interest is very peaked in wide mail.

4. Jon-Luke thread starter macrumors 6502

Jon-Luke

Thanks for the support guys...

Here's a script that will pause iTunes and announce that you have "New Mail from... and the name attached to the email address" Kinda fun but probably very irritating if you get hundreds of emails.

If you don't know how to set up apple scripts there are step by step instructions in the Q&A after the blog post (By MARCO)

Enjoy!:cool:

5. vansouza macrumors 68000

vansouza

Thank you...

What a great post... I can not thank you enough...:)

6. GoCubsGo macrumors Nehalem

GoCubsGo

I seriously doubt I'd want to announce WHO my e-mails are coming from. :)