Mail 5.1 Question

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by iforbes, Jan 18, 2012.

1. iforbes macrumors 6502

Is there a way to add a Status Bar to the Mail application? This bar would ideally show that status of retrieval and sent mail items.

I can't find any way to show this type of information.

Thanks!

2. miles01110 macrumors Core

miles01110

What good would a status bar do you? If a message doesn't show up, it's not retrieved. If your message goes to the Outbox, it's not sent.

3. iforbes thread starter macrumors 6502

Wow...you are right..it's of no use to me. Thanks for setting me straight.

...And a status bar in my web browser is no good either because either a page loads or it doesn't. And a UPS tracking number is a total waste of time because either the package shows up or it doesn't.

You, sir, are a genius.

4. Apple Key, Jan 19, 2012
    Last edited: Jan 19, 2012

Apple Key macrumors 6502a

Apple Key

I would guess that Apple's thinking here is that your messages should be sent close to instantaneously. You will only get a notification if the message was not able to be sent, or the connection to the server wasn't able to be made.

As far as I know, the only thing like this is the "Mail Activity" pane. You can view this by clicking the "Show" button (upper-left), and clicking the triangle inside a square icon in the bottom left.

5. iforbes thread starter macrumors 6502

I did find the Mail Activity pane...and that is pretty close to what I was looking for! Thanks for the information...it is appreciated.