Mail 5 easy answer

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by nunes013, Aug 18, 2011.

1. nunes013 macrumors 65816

nunes013

im really sorry i had to make a thread for an easy answer but i promised my mom i would help her. we just bought a mac mini bc our windows machine crapped out. anyway she uses email all the time and she is using mail 5.

her problem is when you click the delete button for a message it moves to the top message after. is there anyway when you click delete it will move to the message below. its such a small deal but she is not techie at all and gets frustrated with these since she is used to outlook express. i looked in around and can't find it. thanks and sorry for the thread. :(

2. nicksmolenski macrumors regular

nicksmolenski

what a mess :p

if you're talking about organizing the trash, there's a drop down menu that says "sort by date." if you click it and choose "ascending" then the messages will read from oldest to newest.

if you're talking about conversations, go to preferences > viewing and unclick the last box, "show most recent message at the top."

if it's something else, then nevermind. :D

3. moderately macrumors 6502

moderately

I don't think there is a way to do what she wants. If she clicks the date recieved column then the most recent message will be on the bottom and as she deletes messages the highlighted message will be the (newer) one below. I think she wants the next older message to be high lighted. If I knew how to change this I would have a while ago, now I an just used to it and start deleting the oldest message first. To sum up: no help.

4. nunes013 thread starter macrumors 65816

nunes013

i tried a couple a preferences and none worked. she will just have to get used to deleting from the bottom. she doesn't like technology change very much :p thanks guys!!!!!