mail account error

Discussion in 'MacBook' started by rip-the-jacker, Apr 25, 2016.

1. rip-the-jacker macrumors 6502

hey guys,

i have noticed recently that on my macbook when in the mail app (always leave it int he background running) there little exclamation icon is there and says "account error" and will not send/receive and mail.

i am using spotify and browsing the net fine, it seems to be in mail? but my iPhone / watch receives messages fine? and my network is not dropping out? when i disconnect from the wi-fi on my MB and reconnect it seems to sort it for a while :S

can someone shed some light on this please.

RTJ

2. rip-the-jacker thread starter macrumors 6502

3. BrianBaughn macrumors 601

BrianBaughn

This happens on my Office 365 account occasionally in El Capitan. I blame Microsoft as my Gmail account never has this happen.

4. deeddawg macrumors 604

No issues here. Something's up with your mail account/configuration.

You might see better help in the El Capitan or Mac Apps forums as a wider audience would likely see your question and be able to offer help.

5. Hellhammer Moderator

Hellhammer

Staff Member

It would help if you could tell us what kind of account it is (Gmail, iCloud, Microsoft, other IMAP/POP). It sounds like the account settings are wrong, but it could be a problem with the service itself as someone mentioned.

6. rip-the-jacker thread starter macrumors 6502

sorry, its a gmail account. it seem intermittent and like i said the client works fine through my phone / AW.

RTJ

7. Hellhammer Moderator

Hellhammer

Staff Member

Can you try removing it and adding again? At least on my MacBook Gmail works fine through Apple Mail.