Mail Accounts

bursty

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Jan 31, 2004
How do i setup a Mail account to download and read my Hotmail account. I am having trouble finding some of the settings on Hotmails website. Anyone try this before?

swheeler

macrumors member
May 30, 2005
Last I checked hotmail wasn't compatable with 3rd party mail apps. But that was a long time ago, maybe things have changed.

bursty

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Jan 31, 2004
man i just assumed it would be so that people could use it with Outlook.

floatingspirit

macrumors 6502
Oct 13, 2001
Seattle, WA
Duff-Man said:
Duff-Man says...you need to download and install HTTP Plugin ....oh yeah!
Even HTTP Mail won't help if your hotmail account is young. I tried it and had some feedback from the HTTP's maker that it might not work for that reason. It works great for me with my ancient hotmail, but it wouldn't do anything for a recently created account. I think you need to use Outlook and/or have some paid subscription thing set up.

PickledSquirrel

macrumors regular
Dec 10, 2003
Aarhus, DK
floatingspirit said:
Even HTTP Mail won't help if your hotmail account is young. I tried it and had some feedback from the HTTP's maker that it might not work for that reason. It works great for me with my ancient hotmail, but it wouldn't do anything for a recently created account. I think you need to use Outlook and/or have some paid subscription thing set up.
This plugin has been running smoothly for me too, untill a few days ago where it started saying

"Could not connect to 'hotmail'
Authorization Required"

I've tried reinstalling it but no cigar:( Does it still work for you?

-Squirrel

bursty

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Jan 31, 2004
its been working for me flawlessly, thanks for the help