Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

rackhamup

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Apr 19, 2010
I did some searching through google, and on the forum and didn't find any solution to my question. So here goes...

First, today I changed my iCal set-up (I had 5 local calendars) so that I know have 1 local calendar and one gmail calendar with 5 delegate calendars. The sync between them is perfect. I wanted to be able to make changes on iCal and have them be updated on my gmail account.

I have two questions though now. Before when I had a time or date in an e-mail I was able to right-click and select "add to iCal" and select whatever calendar that I want. Now when do that I am only able to select either the 1 local iCal calendar or the one "main" gmail calendar.

Is there any way to be able to select one of the delegate gmail calendars from within Mail?

Second, in iCal, each of the delegate folders is listed with a gray box that has the calendar name with a drop down for the real calendar. Is there any way to collapse all of them? I currently have 5 delegate folders.

Neither of these issues are that big of a deal but I would like to get around them if possible.

I'm running 10.6. I've looked at Spanning Sync, but I don't really want to pay for that functionality.

Thanks!

MacTheKnyfe

macrumors newbie
Jan 27, 2011
Bump!

This is so Frustrating!

I just want to be able to
Create new iCal event in Apple's Mail (Apple Mail) and set the calendar to one of my Google Calendar Delegates. I have 4 Delegates that work fine. They sync between iCal on three devices and Google Calendar servers just fine using calDAV. I love it. Why, though, can I only add events to the "master" calendar list? Any solutions?

Thanks!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.