Mail > Address Book

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by Smileyguy, Aug 25, 2009.

1. Smileyguy macrumors 6502

Simple question: How can I import all of my contacts from Mail (just names & email addresses) into Address Book? Is there a simple way to do this in one fell swoop? I'd then go through and categorise, add more info, and delete as necessary.

2. macnfab macrumors regular

macnfab

I am not sure if i understand your question but your address book and mac mail are tied together by default.

For example if your are typing an email, once you begin typing in the to: field all the contacts saved in your addy book will appear and you just select one and boom thats it.

If this isn't the question i'm sorry

3. Smileyguy thread starter macrumors 6502

I have emails in Mail dating back to 2005, but I've never used Address Book before. I want to start using it now, and want to mass input contacts from Mail into Address Book. So basically I want to create cards in Address Book automatically based on email addresses in Mail, and then add phone numbers and other details manually. Is there any way to do this, or do I need to go through the emails one by one to create cards in Address Book?

4. macnfab macrumors regular

macnfab

with that said No, sadly it must be done one at a time.. But it will be well worth the time it takes. :)

5. Pomeroy macrumors 6502

Pomeroy

Have you tried to get all the addresses from "Previous Recipients" under the Windows menu in Mail? This will let you import one or all Addresses from your email.

6. Smileyguy thread starter macrumors 6502