Mail addresses export to Excel

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by Littleboo, Jun 15, 2009.

1. Littleboo macrumors regular

I need to export all my addresses to work on a email blast, something like constant contact or ewebber. Is there a easy way to do this without copy and pasting each one??

2. BlueRevolution macrumors 603

BlueRevolution

If you have the addresses in Address Book, you should be able to export them to vCard files. (In Address Book, select all of the cards you want to export in the list using shift-click and command-click, then go to File -> Export -> Export vCard.) There are probably a number of apps to convert vCards to something Excel can read, but this Windows app is what I came up with. If you don't have access to Windows, do some more searching about. I'm sure you can come up with something.

3. Littleboo thread starter macrumors regular

okay, exported vcards, now gotta figure out how to import into excel.

4. Littleboo thread starter macrumors regular

I tried everything to import the vcard to excel. Can't figure it out! HELP!

5. Tomorrow macrumors 604

Tomorrow

If you're able to export into a comma- or tab-delimited file it would be much simpler. I don't know if Address Book can do this, but Entourage can.

6. Littleboo thread starter macrumors regular

can I import addresses from Address Book into Entourage? then I can do as you suggest...

7. Tomorrow macrumors 604

Tomorrow

When I imported my addresses into Entourage, they automatically went into Address Book - that made it easier to sync with my iPhone. I don't know if the reverse is true.

I'm away from my Mac at the moment, but I'd like to look into this to see. I know what a pain it was to migrate all my contacts (nearly 600) over.

8. Littleboo thread starter macrumors regular

doesn't seem to be a feature to import from mail to entourage. :mad:

9. nadyne macrumors 6502a

You can drag the vCards that you created into Entourage. It might take a little while if you've got lots of contacts.

Regards,
    Nadyne.