Mail alerts not working

Discussion in 'iOS 7' started by myrtlebee, Jul 4, 2014.

1. myrtlebee macrumors 68020

myrtlebee

I am using the latest version of iOS 7 on my iPad mini with retina display and I am no longer getting mail alerts for the past two days. I do not get the banner alerts, the chime, or even the red badge on the icon. I have not changed anything in settings and I have had the same mail settings for years. I have three email accounts in mail, all with different mail services, and alerts are not working for any of them -- leading me to believe it is an issue with iOS. I have tried a hard reset of the device, turning the device on and off, and turning off push and fetch and then turning it back on. Does anyone have any other ideas besides wiping the device and starting from scratch?

2. SandboxGeneral Moderator emeritus

SandboxGeneral

Other than restoring from a backup, I'd suggest removing the email accounts from the phone, restarting it and then adding them back in.

3. myrtlebee, Jul 4, 2014
    Last edited: Jul 5, 2014

myrtlebee thread starter macrumors 68020

myrtlebee

I'll try that. Thanks. I'll do the restore if it doesn't work.

Update: It looks as if fetch is working but not push. I think this happened to me once before a long time ago and after a while it simply began working again. I think I'll just wait it out a few more days instead of restoring from backup. I'll update again if it doesn't work after a few days and I find a solution.

Update 2: It turns out that it is, in fact, a problem with one of my email services, not iOS. The others are fetching as scheduled. I must have not have noticed because of how seldom I receive mail at the addresses that are working.