Mail always opens last viewed message

Discussion in 'iOS 6' started by nStyle, Jan 31, 2013.

1. nStyle macrumors 6502a

Is there any way to disable this, and have mail open the top message? Sometimes I will not use my iPad for a few days, and new mail will be pushed but it still remembers the last message I viewed and I have to scroll 10 years and physically open a new mail just to have the view stay at the top.

This isn't iOS 6 specific, but I am just now trying to find a "fix" for something that has bothered me a long time.

I don't seem to have this issue on my iPhone, because the screen for your messages and the actual message view doesn't shop up simultaneously like on the iPad.

2. Feed Me macrumors 6502a

Feed Me

I don't think there's a way to fix your problem, as it's just the way Mail works on iOS.

I can remedy your incessant scrolling problem, though: Instead of scrolling to the top of your inbox, just tap once on the status bar (black bar at the top of the screen that shows the time and battery), and Mail will instantly scroll to the top.

The tapping-the-status-bar trick works in practically all apps that involve list scrolling, too.

3. KieranDotW macrumors 6502a

I don't know about opening the top message but if you "quit" mail after closing it (that is, double tapping the home button to open the multitasking menu, tapping and holding the mail icon, and tapping the red minus sign -- it looks like a "do not enter" road sign), Mail will display the most recent messages in your inbox the next time you open it.

4. nStyle thread starter macrumors 6502a

Thanks guys.

I suspect the "tap at the top" will be more useful. Shame that simple actions like these are hidden in iOS and should be dedicated buttons.